ALTRUIST is a broad spectrum dermatologist-tested SPF 30 sunscreen, it is fragrance-free, non-sticky. Broad-spectrum means it will protect your skin from both UVA (ageing rays ) and UVB ( burning rays ), SPF 30 means it will protect you from 97% of the UV rays.
ALTURIST Sunscreen comes in a grey and white plastic tube. It does not come with any external or secondary packaging, which is great for the environment. The version I bought is the 200 ml version, which means it is huge in comparison to most other sunscreens. This sunscreen is also available as an SPF 50 100 ml tube, a sprays as well as a 1 litre SPF 30 jug, so there is something for everyone.
The sunscreen itself comes out in a thick white creamy consistency it’s not too runny which means it is unlikely to spill which can be an issue with other products applied and absorbs easily.
HOW TO USE
Everyone should have heard of the 2-finger sunscreen rule, right? If you haven’t well let me show you, for adequate sun protection to your face and neck you need to apply 2 fingers of sunscreen as in the picture below.
To apply, dot the sunscreen around your face making sure to get to all the quadrants and rub in carefully. You may need to do it in 2 phases to ensure it is all absorbed. Your sunscreen is the last skincare product you should apply before your make-up and do it at least 2 0 minutes before leaving the house.
- Zero white cast it absorbs beautifully into the skin
- Fragrance free which means it can use used by sensitive skin types
- Suitable for all skin types
- Affordable so is great value for money
- Broad spectrum so protects from both UVA & UVB rays
- It stings my eyes – this is something not many people talk about when it comes to sunscreen
- It pills when you reapply and doesnt aborb properly
- It is thick and can feel quite heavy
- Anyone who has skin